“Asked … whether he thought there should be a gay history month along the lines of black history month, Corbyn said: ‘There could be that…’ ” (Report, theguardian.com, 27 October). Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans History Month has existed in the UK since 2005 and has a major impact on schools throughout the country. We still celebrate it every February. I should know because I am the CEO of the charity that runs it.
CEO, Schools Out UK/LGBT History Month
• I am grateful to Mr Fox for explaining that the EU is putting politics over prosperity (Fox warns on tariffs, 27 October) as I was assuming that they were putting principles over profit.
Cottingham, East Yorkshire
• Surely, with the active use of stents and microchip implants, the medical profession can invent some non-invasive valve procedure that can switch on and off the effect of a vasectomy (Letters, 27 October)? I freely offer this idea to the world as long as it is for ever known as a stop-cock.
(Happily had the snip 30 years ago)
• With Bake Off the nation’s favourite programme, and 10 million watching the final episode (Royal picnic wins Bake Off crown for teacher, 27 October), is it just a coincidence that, in the same week, Public Health England issue dire warnings about a major increase in Type 2 diabetes?
• Bob Dylan did not “change rock from teenage to adult music” (Notes & queries, 27 October). His fans simply got older.
St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex
• You picture Christ’s tomb (Jesus Christ’s tomb uncovered, Eyewitness, 28 October). No mention of any bones. That would be an atheist’s dream, surely!
• Join the debate – email firstname.lastname@example.org