· Seventeen-year-old Poots stars alongside Robert Carlyle in 28 Weeks Later, Juan Carlos Fresnadillo's gore-spattered sequel to Danny Boyle's zombie horror 28 Days Later
· The film's terrifying, what was it like on set? 'It was shocking seeing the props, all the corpses,' says Poots. 'People covered in blood walking around getting their lunch makes it so unreal.'
· Although she has been acting for a few years now, chalking up roles in Casualty and the film V for Vendetta, Poots praises her 28 Weeks Later co-stars. 'You're learning so much every day from these wonderful actors. They were lovely, and brilliant at giving advice.'
· Poots's screen idol is Natalie Portman. 'She's an incredible actor and combined acting with going to university, which I think is admirable.'
· And Poots has her own admirers: 28 Weeks Later producer Andrew MacDonald had faith in her from the off. 'She was absolutely terrific in her audition, and had that inner strength which we were looking for.'
· How about advice for the squeamish filmgoer lacking such inner strength? 'If it all gets too intense, just look away.'
28 Weeks Later opens 11 May