Rishi Sunak

Article image
New ‘objective’ CNN appears to be making itself objectively rightwing
The cable network’s CEO dramatic hiring and firing of on-air talent seems designed to woo the Fox News crowd

Arwa Mahdawi

10, Sep, 2022 @1:00 PM

Article image
Liz Truss reveals campaign donation of £100,000 from wife of ex-BP executive
Contributions were revealed minutes before the new PM announced details of her plan to tackle rising energy bills

Aubrey Allegretti and Henry Dyer

08, Sep, 2022 @1:33 PM

Article image
Why Liz Truss’s cabinet of loyalists may not bode well for the future
The new PM has rewarded her closest allies with top posts in her government alienating supporters of her main rival

Peter Walker Political correspondent

06, Sep, 2022 @8:39 PM

Article image
My advice for Liz Truss: don’t treat backbenchers like me as a nuisance | Andrew Mitchell
Keir Starmer may not be Tony Blair, but I see signs of great danger if the Conservative party doesn’t get a grip on events, says MP Andrew Mitchell

Andrew Mitchell

06, Sep, 2022 @9:00 AM

Article image
Tuesday briefing: A victory that fell short of a coronation
In today’s newsletter: As Truss travels to Balmoral to accept the prime ministership, a look at some of the must-read pieces about her policies, her opposition and her future at No 10

Archie Bland

06, Sep, 2022 @5:57 AM

Article image
Tory leadership: Nadine Dorries steps down and returns to backbenches – as it happened
Latest updates: culture secretary will not serve in Truss’s cabinet and is expected to receive peerage from Boris Johnson

Tom Ambrose and Andrew Sparrow

05, Sep, 2022 @10:29 PM

Article image
Liz Truss will not offer Rishi Sunak a job in her new cabinet
Defeated rival will not feature in lineup expected to feature Kwarteng, Braverman and Cleverly in top jobs

Jessica Elgot and Lisa O'Carroll

05, Sep, 2022 @10:10 PM

Article image
Liz Truss triumphs – but she is already running out of time
Storm clouds are predicted for her first speech to the nation, as the new prime minister faces soaring bills and inflation

Pippa Crerar Political editor

05, Sep, 2022 @6:39 PM

Article image
Vanquished Rishi Sunak to wait in wings for Liz Truss to slip up
Losing candidate is planning to carry on as MP after being buoyed by better than expected showing

Aubrey Allegretti

05, Sep, 2022 @5:57 PM

Article image
Liz Truss wins Tory leadership race to become Britain’s next PM
Foreign secretary defeats Rishi Sunak, winning 57.4% of Tory members’ votes to former chancellor’s 42.6%

Pippa Crerar Political editor

05, Sep, 2022 @1:43 PM

Article image
How Truss beat Sunak: round by round Tory leadership results
Conservative MPs engaged in a series of votes to select two final candidates to be put to the party membership to choose a new leader, and therefore a new prime minister. On Monday Liz Truss was confirmed as the winner and will take the reins of government

Seán Clarke and Anna Leach

05, Sep, 2022 @11:46 AM

Article image
Under Liz Truss, we’ll be careering into petrolhead politics while the world burns | John Harris
Politicians who disparage net zero as a ‘new religion’ and wind power as ‘medieval’ are tipped for cabinet posts, says the Guardian columnist John Harris

John Harris

04, Sep, 2022 @12:00 PM

1 / 183 pages