There’s a time and a place for musical nominations on a theme – luckily you’ve just found it. For more on how to interpret the theme, keep an eye on the comments.
You have until 11pm on Monday 5 February to post your nomination and make your justification. Regular RR contributor George Boyland (who posts as sonofwebcore in the comments) will select from your recommendations and produce our list, which will be published on 8 February.
Here is a list of all songs previously picked and therefore ineligible for the series.
If you want to volunteer to compile a playlist from readers’ suggestions – and potentially blog about the process/selection for the Guardian – please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “RR guru”, or make yourself known in the comments.
Here’s a reminder of the guidelines for RR:
- Tell us why it’s a worthy contender.
- Quote lyrics if helpful, but for copyright reasons no more than a third of a song’s words. If sharing links, make sure there is appropriate copyright permission.
- Listen to others people’s suggestions and add yours to a collaborative Spotify playlist.
- If you have a good theme, or if you’d like to volunteer to compile a playlist from readers’ suggestions, please email email@example.com
- There’s a wealth of data on RR, including the songs that are “zedded”, at the Marconium. It also tells you the meaning of “zedded” (picked for a previous playlist so ineligible), “donds” and other strange words used by RR regulars.
- Many RR regulars also congregate at the ’Spill blog.