We had readers recommend songs about dreams back in 2006 but, in the words of this week’s guru, who will select the new, darker list, they were “all a bit nicey-nicey”.
You have until 11pm on Monday 19 December to post your nomination and make your justification. RR contributor George Boyland (who posts as sonofwebcore in the comments) will select from your recommendations and produce the playlist, to be published on 22 December.
Here is a list of all songs previously picked and therefore ineligible for the series.
If you want to volunteer to compile a playlist from readers’ suggestions – and potentially blog about the process/selection for the Guardian – please email email@example.com with the subject line “RR guru”, or make yourself known in the comments.
Here’s a reminder of the guidelines for RR:
- Tell us why it’s a worthy contender.
- Quote lyrics if helpful, but for copyright reasons no more than a third of a song’s words. If sharing links, make sure there is appropriate copyright permission.
- Listen to others people’s suggestions and add yours to a collaborative Spotify playlist.
- If you have a good theme, or if you’d like to volunteer to compile a playlist from readers’ suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- There’s a wealth of data on RR, including the songs that are “zedded”, at the Marconium. It also tells you the meaning of “zedded” (picked for a previous playlist so ineligible), “donds” and other strange words used by RR regulars.
- Many RR regulars also congregate at the ’Spill blog.