I enjoyed your interview with Alison Steadman (24 September). What an admirable person she is. She mentions that she “donates her old hair to the birds”. I used to put out hair at nesting time until I saw an article by the RSPB in which it asked that people didn’t do this as small birds can find their legs trapped as the hair tightens around them.
• I sympathise with those who want to resign because of the government’s attitude to breaking international law (Robert Buckland urged to join Lord Keen in quitting over Brexit bill, 17 September), but won’t this leave us with only those officials who are happy about it?
• As the prospect of a long Covid winter looms and the days are getting shorter, is there any chance we could stop the clocks going back in October and keep to British summer time this year?
• With all this talk of grey hair (Letters, 24 September) can we spare a thought for young Rishi Sunak, who seems to be getting a little more “snow on the roof” every time I see him?
Gordon Bennett, Llangollen canal
• Do people only eat out in Soho and Covent Garden (re all your recent photos of people outside bars, cafes and restaurants, used to illustrate financial articles)?
South Norwood, London
• I’m not normally one to grouse, but can you still invite 30 people to a shotgun wedding (‘It’s cruel’: Covid rule on weddings in England frustrates couples, 23 September)?
Kingston upon Thames, London