You describe Rishi Sunak’s mask as handsome and worthy of a likely GQ Man of the Year nomination (Face mask fashion: politicians step out in statement masks, 17 July), but he’s wearing one with a valve, the purpose of which is to protect the wearer, not those around him. Exactly right for a member of this corrupt Tory government, but not to be admired.
Framingham Earl, Norfolk
• “Domocracy” (Letters, 17 July) was coined by Roger Winterbottom, the very funny and sharp political satirist who writes in the Yorkshire Times. Among other terms he has invented is one to describe Johnson and his cronies – a “liararchy”.
• Surely the “semicircular scoop-like device on a handle” (Science Museum asks public to help identify mystery items, 19 July) is a dog ball thrower? It’s not hard to imagine the Victorian Wendy Darling taking one along when walking Nana and her errant brothers.
• Since there is no God, neither Bach nor Beethoven can be near him (Letters, 19 July). I prefer Brahms, who understood as much.
Dinas Powys, Vale of Glamorgan
• I’m now washing my hands to the tune of Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) (Letters, 20 July).
• I have lived all my life in the reign of Queen Elizabeth, so why am I not living in the United Queendom?
• Join the debate – email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Read more Guardian letters – click here to visit gu.com/letters