Arsenal v West Ham (Saturday, 3pm)
• Arsenal are set to be without Mikael Silvestre for another three weeks because of a thigh problem. That could mean a recall for Kolo Toure for the visit of West Ham. The Ivorian was on the bench for Wednesday's 1-1 draw at Everton.
Provisional Arsenal squad: Almunia, Sagna, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Nasri, Denilson, Song, Eboue, Adebayor, van Persie, Fabianski, Djourou, Diaby, Vela, Ramsey, Bendtner, Gibbs, Wilshere.
• The West Ham manager, Gianfranco Zola, could hand new signing Savio Nsereko a first start after the 19-year-old, who cost £9m from Brescia, came off during the team's 2-0 win against Hull on Wednesday.
Kieron Dyer — who had been out with a broken leg for over a year — is out of the trip to the Emirates with a muscle injury.
Provisional West Ham squad: Green, Neill, Collins, Upson, Ilunga, Behrami, Parker, Collison, Noble, Di Michele, Cole, Lastuvka, Nsereko, Tristan, Tomkins, Sears, Faubert, Boa Morte.
Aston Villa v Wigan (Saturday, 3pm)
• John Carew has been included in the Aston Villa squad for tomorrow's game with Wigan.
The Norway international has been out of action for nearly three months with a back problem but came through a friendly against Derby in midweek with no ill-effects.
Fellow forward Emile Heskey will make his home debut against his former club following a £3.5m move last week. Craig Gardner should also be available after picking up an ankle knock in the midweek win at Portsmouth but Marlon Harewood (foot) is ruled out while Ashley Young is still suspended.
Provisional Aston Villa squad: Friedel, Cuellar, Knight, Davies, L Young, Gardner, Sidwell, Petrov, Barry, Milner, Agbonlahor, Heskey, Shorey, Guzan, Carew, Delfouneso, Salifou, Osbourne.
• Chris Kirkland has a chance of returning to Wigan's squad for their visit to Aston Villa.
The England international missed the midweek draw with former club Liverpool because of a back injury and manager Steve Bruce will make a late decision on whether to select him.
Provisional Wigan squad: Kirkland, Melchiot, Scharner, Bramble, Figueroa, Cattermole, Taylor, Camara, Kapo, De Ridder, Zaki, Mido, Kingson, Pollitt, Edman, Brown, Boyce, Rodallega.
Bolton v Tottenham (Saturday, 3pm)
• The Bolton manager, Gary Megson, looks almost certain to be without skipper Kevin Nolan for the visit of Tottenham as the midfielder moves closer to joining Newcastle.
Nolan was on Tyneside this morning undergoing a medical and is expected to join the Magpies for £4.5million.
Bolton have no new injury concerns following their midweek 2-2 draw at Blackburn but Johan Elmander, Joey O'Brien, Nicky Hunt and Gavin McCann all remain out through injury.
Provisional Bolton squad: Jaaskelainen, Steinsson, Cahill, A O'Brien, Samuel, K Davies, Basham, Muamba, Gardner, Taylor, Makukula, Puygrenier, Obadeyi, Al Habsi, Bogdan, M Davies, Smolarek, Riga, Shittu.
• Wilson Palacios could make his Tottenham debut at Bolton tomorrow with Carlo Cudicini also likely to be given a second start having made his debut in Spur's 3-1 victory over Stoke on Tuesday. Pascal Chimbonda, who -re-signed for the club yesterday, is also likely to feature in the relegation battle, as could Aaron Lennon who is expected to be fit after opening the scoring against Stoke despite a groin injury.
Provisional Tottenham squad: Cudicini, Gomes, Alnwick, Corluka, Dawson, Woodgate, Assou-Ekotto, Chimbonda, Lennon, Huddlestone, Jenas, Zokora, Modric, Bentley, Pavlyuchenko, Campbell, Defoe, Bent, Bale, Taarabt, Rocha, Giovani, Gilberto, Gunter.
Fulham v Portsmouth (Saturday, 3pm)
• Fulham will be without Leon Andreasen for tomorrow's clash with Portsmouth. The midfielder has joined Hanover 96 for family reasons while defender Chris Baird is out with flu.
Striker Diomansy Kamara (knee) has returned to light training and could be back in first-team action within a month.
Provisional Fulham squad: Schwarzer, Konchesky, Pantsil, Hughes, Murphy, Dempsey, Davies, Gera, Zamora, Johnson, Zuberbuhler, Nevland, Gray, Etuhu, Stoor, Kallio, Hangeland.
Hull v West Brom (Saturday, 3pm)
• Hull striker Daniel Cousin is rated only 50-50 for the visit of West Brom.
The former Rangers forward played 90 minutes at West Ham in midweek but has since been troubled by a knee injury and Hull are awaiting the result of a scan.
Record signing Jimmy Bullard is poised to make his first start for the Tigers despite missing training today as the club carefully manage his past knee problems.
Matt Duke is set to continue in goal ahead of Boaz Myhill but Nick Barmby (calf), Anthony Gardner (thigh) and George Boateng (knee) are out.
Provisional Hull squad: Duke, Ricketts, Turner, Zayatte, Dawson, Marney, Geovanni, Ashbee, Kilbane, Cousin, Manucho, Bullard, Garcia, Mendy, Fagan, Halmosi, Folan, Doyle, France, Myhill.
•West Brom have fitness concerns over all six of their centre-backs ahead of the trip to Hull.
Their manager, Tony Mowbray, is likely to have to play Pele and Ryan Donk against Phil Brown's side even though they are both suffering from groin problems.
Jonas Olsson, Leon Barnett, Abdoulaye Meite and long-term casualty Neil Clement are all unavailable.
But full-back Paul Robinson can face Hull after a FA disciplinary panel yesterday upheld an appeal against his red card in Tuesday's 5-0 defeat to Manchester United.
Provisional West Brom squad: Carson, Kiely, Zuiverloon, Hoefkens, Donk, Pele, Robinson, Cech, Koren, Teixeira, Do-Heon, Valero, Brunt, Simpson, Fortune, Bednar, Dorrans, Hodgkiss, Moore.
Manchester United v Everton (Saturday, 5.30pm)
• Wayne Rooney will not figure for Manchester United against his old-side Everton tomorrow - although the striker is expected to return to action at West Ham next Sunday. The forward limped out of United's win over Wigan earlier this month after picking up a hamstring injury.
Patrice Evra and Nani could also return next weekend, while Ferguson reports no fresh injury worries from Tuesday's 5-0 win at West Brom.
Neither Rio Ferdinand nor Wes Brown have suffered any reaction to their comebacks while young Brazilian full-back Fabio is also in contention as United look to complete an unprecedented 12th top-flight clean sheet in a row.
Provisional Manchester United squad: Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak, Neville, Ferdinand, Brown, Vidic, O'Shea, Fabio, Chester, Eckersley, Ronaldo, Scholes, Giggs, Carrick, Park, Gibson, Possebon, Tevez, Berbatov, Welbeck.
• Everton could be without Tim Cahill and Marouane Fellaini for the visit to Old Trafford.
Cahill, who has scored four goals in eight starts as a makeshift striker, injured his right foot in Wednesday's 1-1 draw with Arsenal.
Although X-rays have revealed only severe bruising and no break, he remains a doubt to face United.
Fellaini injured a shin against the Gunners and the manager, David Moyes, will not risk either player if there is any doubt.
Provisional Everton squad: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Anichebe, Gosling, Castillo, Rodwell, Neville, Osman, Arteta, Fellaini, Pienaar, Cahill, Nash, Yobo, Van der Meyde, Jacobsen, Jutkiewicz.
Middlesbrough v Blackburn (Saturday, 3pm)
• Marlon King is poised to make his home debut for Middlesbrough in tomorrow's relegation encounter with Blackburn.
King, who is on loan from Hull until the end of the season and played on his own up front at Chelsea on Wednesday, is expected to partner Afonso Alves in attack as Gareth Southgate reverts to a 4-4-2 formation.
Didier Digard and Gary O'Neil are both suspended while Andrew Taylor (ankle), Jeremie Aliadiere (foot) and Josh Walker (ankle) are ruled out because of injury.
Provisional Middlesbrough squad: Turnbull, McMahon, Pogatetz, Riggott, Wheater, Bates, Shawky, Tuncay, Downing, King, Alves, Jones, Hoyte, Huth, Bennett, Arca, Johnson, Emnes, Porritt.
• El Hadji Diouf will have to wait another week to make his Blackburn debut.
Although a £2m deal with Sunderland has been agreed, Rovers failed to complete contract negotiations with the Senegal international ahead of the Premier League's noon deadline.
It means Diouf misses tomorrow's game at Middlesbrough, plus Wednesday's FA Cup fourth-round replay against his old side as he will be cup-tied.
Provisional Blackburn squad: Robinson, Samba, Nelsen, Warnock, Ooijer, Olsson, Emerton, Tugay, Mokoena, Andrews, Pedersen, McCarthy, Santa Cruz, Roberts, Grella, Khizanishvili, Villanueva, Simpson, Givet, Bunn.
Stoke v Man City (Saturday, 12.45pm)
• Manchester City are banking on Shaun Wright-Phillips and Pablo Zabaleta shrugging off minor knocks ahead of their visit to Stoke.
Both men came out of Wednesday's win over Newcastle complaining of soreness but manager Mark Hughes expects the pair to be available.
Provisional Man City squad: Hart, Schmeichel, Zabaleta, Ohuoha, Richards, Bridge, Ball, Garrido, Ben Haim, Wright-Phillips, Kompany, Fernandes, De Jong, Elano, Ireland, Robinho, Bellamy, Jo, Vassell, Caicedo.
Newcastle v Sunderland (Saturday, 1.30pm)
• Michael Owen is out after suffering ankle ligament damage in Wednesday's defeat at Manchester City, Joey Barton is expected to be sidelined for up to two months after breaking the fifth metatarsal in his foot and Danny Guthrie could also be out for as long as eight weeks after damaging a hamstring. They join a long list of absentees at St James' Park that also includes Obafemi Martins (hernia), Mark Viduka (Achilles) Claudio Cacapa (knee), Shola Ameobi (knee), Habib Beye (ankle) and Tamas Kadar (broken leg)
Provisional Newcastle squad: Harper, Forster, Krul, Enrique, Bassong, Coloccini, Taylor, Edgar, Duff, Gutierrez, Nolan, Lovenkrands, Geremi, Donaldson, Donninger, Godsmark, Xisco, Carroll, LuaLua, Ranger.
• The Sunderland manager, Ricky Sbragia, could be without midfielder Teemu Tainio for Sunday's derby with Newcastle.
The Finn picked up a knee injury in Tuesday night's 1-0 win over Fulham and is a major doubt, while defender Paul McShane is out with a hamstring problem.
But George McCartney should be fit after leaving the pitch with sore calves in midweek as he continued his comeback from a long injury lay-off, while Kieran Richardson, who scored the winner in the Wear-Tyne derby in October, has recovered from his ankle injury.
Keeper Craig Gordon is back in training following his long-term absence with an ankle problem, but is likely only to make the bench at best.
Provisional Sunderland squad: Fulop, Gordon, Colgan, Bardsley, McCartney, Ferdinand, Collins, Whitehead, Malbranque, Leadbitter, Tainio, Richardson, Edwards, Yorke, Reid, Cisse, Jones, Murphy, Healy, Chopra.
Liverpool v Chelsea (Sunday, 4pm)
• Xabi Alonso, Dirk Kuyt and Albert Riera are expected to return to Liverpool's starting line-up for Sunday's clash with Chelsea. All three started on the bench for the midweek 1-1 draw at Wigan .
Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres were substituted at the JJB Stadium with Benitez claiming they were tired, but both should start against Chelsea.
Provisional Liverpool squad: Reina, Arbeloa, Skrtel, Agger, Hyypia, Carragher, Dossena, Aurelio, Benayoun, Babel, Alonso, Mascherano, Lucas, Gerrard, Riera, Torres, Kuyt, Keane, Cavalieri.
• Chelsea will be without Ricardo Carvalho for Sunday's trip to Merseyside.
The Portugal international is still troubled by a hamstring strain but winger Salomon Kalou should be fit after sustaining a minor knock against Middlesbrough in midweek.
Michael Essien (knee) and Joe Cole (knee) remain sidelined.
Provisional Chelsea squad: Cech, Hilario, Taylor, Ferreira, Bosingwa, Terry, Alex, Ivanovic, Mancienne, A Cole, Lampard, Ballack, Mikel, Deco, Kalou, Malouda, Drogba, Anelka, Stoch, Belletti.