The actor Ezra Miller has been charged with felony burglary in Stamford, Vermont, the latest in a string of alleged incidents involving the embattled star of The Flash.
In a police report published on Monday, Vermont state police said they had responded to a burglary complaint in Stamford on 1 May and alleged several bottles of alcohol were taken from a residence while the homeowners were not present. After police consulted surveillance footage and interviewed witnesses, Miller was located and charged shortly before midnight on Sunday.
The police report said Miller was issued a citation to appear for arraignment in Vermont superior court on 26 September.
The felony charge adds to Miller’s mounting legal woes and reports of erratic behaviour. The 29-year-old actor was arrested twice earlier this year in Hawaii, first for disorderly conduct and harassment at a karaoke bar in March, then second-degree assault less than a month later.
The parents of 18-year-old Tokata Iron Eyes, a Native American activist, also earlier this year filed a protection order against Miller, accusing the actor in court of holding sway over their child through “violence, intimidation, threat of violence, fear, paranoia, delusions and drugs”. Tokata Iron Eyes recently told Insider that those allegations were false.
Attorneys for Miller didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment on the Vermont felony charge or the protection order related to Tokata Iron Eyes.
In July, two women who had separately accused Miller of threatening behaviour spoke to Variety. One woman, who accused Miller of putting her in a chokehold and throwing her to the ground outside a bar in Iceland in 2020, said: “I think, ‘It’s just fun and games’ – but then it wasn’t. All of a sudden, [they’re] on top of me, choking me, still screaming in my face if I want to fight.” The woman blamed Miller’s friends rather than the actor personally for escalating the altercation.
The other woman accused the actor of harassing her and “seemingly” attempting to break down her apartment door in Berlin in early 2022, according to the report. Miller has declined to comment on the allegations published in Variety.
After appearing in several films for Warner Bros and DC Films as the Flash, Miller is set to star in the upcoming standalone film The Flash, due out in June 2023.
Warner Bros has been criticised for remaining committed to the film after reports of Miller’s alleged behaviour emerged. Public criticism intensified last week when the studio announced it was axing the nearly completed Batgirl film, but not The Flash.
David Zaslav, the chief executive of Warner Bros Discovery, referenced The Flash in an earnings report last week.
“We have seen The Flash, Black Adam and Shazam 2. We are very excited about them,” Zaslav said. “We think they are terrific, and we think we can make them even better.”
Representatives for Warner Bros did not respond to requests for comment on Monday.
Associated Press contributed to this report.