Matthew d’Ancona tells me “Zionists” are a subset of Jews (Just when we need it, irony has deserted our politics, Journal, 27 August). There was I thinking they were a subset of nationalists and included some Jews, some evangelical Christians and some other nationalists. I must be more careful in the language I use when supporting human rights for all.
Dr Jim Paris
• Re the Kalashnikov car (Report, 24 August), though the Udmurt-built Izh Combi may be unknown here, it evolved from the Moskvich 408 saloon, which enjoyed limited sales success in the UK in the early 1970s.
• As a librarian, I enjoyed reading about the Guardian archive (Membership, 25 August). I did wonder, however, if the paper employed unstable as well as stable staff in 1921.
• After a prolonged absence we once again have a picture of Mrs May entering her parish church (27 August). A return to normal service?
• Re recent correspondence about Denis Healey (Letters, passim), a contemporary of his still helps me with wiring a plug. I repeat the mantra “George Brown is a live wire” until everything is right.
• Join the debate – email email@example.com
• Read more Guardian letters – click here to visit gu.com/letters
• Do you have a photo you’d like to share with other Guardian readers? Click here to upload it and we’ll publish the best submissions in the letters spread in our print edition