While I applaud Jordan Henderson’s efforts (Jordan Henderson setting up Premier League coronavirus fund for NHS, 3 April), perhaps when we get to the other side of this crisis he might consider supporting a substantial increase in higher-rate taxes, which might go some way to ensuring that in future the NHS and care workers are not reliant on the generosity of socially conscious footballers.
• During the lockdown, I have been forced to make marmalade (Letters, 27 March) from the fruit I froze in January for later in the year, using what sugar I had in the store cupboard. The freezer space has become needed for other – if not more important – food.
• Surely any compilation CD of tunes for our time (Letters, 1 April) has to include Aretha Franklin’s 1985 classic Who’s Zoomin’ Who?
St Albans, Hertfordshire
• Why stop at “boo for bankers” (Letters, 3 April)? Can I suggest “poo for politicians” every day at 7.30am?
• So pleased you’ve made the long read detachable in your print edition (Journal, 3 April); I’m stockpiling them.
Backworth, North Tyneside
• Join the debate – email email@example.com
• Read more Guardian letters – click here to visit gu.com/letters
• Do you have a photo you’d like to share with Guardian readers? Click here to upload it and we’ll publish the best submissions in the letters spread of our print edition