Santa Clara University
Private non-profit Jesuit university located in Santa Clara, California
|Latin: Universitas Santae Clarae|
|Santa Clara College (1851), University of Santa Clara (1912–1984)|
|Motto||Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (Latin)|
Motto in English
|For the Greater Glory of God|
|Roman Catholic (Jesuit)|
|Endowment||$1.02 billion (2019)|
|Chairman||John M. Sobrato|
|Provost||Lisa Kloppenberg (interim)|
|911 (564 Full-time)|
|Students||9,015 (Fall 2019)|
106 acres (0.43 km2)
|Colors||Red and White|
|Athletics||NCAA Division I – West Coast Conference|
Santa Clara University is a private Jesuit university in Santa Clara, California. Established in 1851, Santa Clara University is the oldest operating institution of higher learning in California and has remained in its original location for 169 years. The university's campus surrounds the historic Mission Santa Clara de Asís which traces its founding to 1776. The campus mirrors the Mission's architectural style and provides a fine early example of Mission Revival architecture. The university is classified as a "Doctoral/Professional" university by Carnegie Classification.
The university offers bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, and doctoral degrees through its six colleges, the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Education and Counseling Psychology, Leavey School of Business, School of Engineering, Jesuit School of Theology, and School of Law. It enrolls about 5,400 undergraduate students and about 3,300 postgraduate students.
Santa Clara's sports teams are called the Broncos. Their colors are red and white. The Broncos compete at the NCAA Division I levels as members of the West Coast Conference in 19 sports. Broncos have won NCAA championships in both men's and women's soccer. Santa Clara's student athletes include current or former 58 MLB, 40 NFL, and 12 NBA players and 13 Olympic gold medalists.
- As of June 30, 2019. "U.S. and Canadian 2019 NTSE Participating Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2019 Endowment Market Value, and Percentage Change in Market Value from FY18 to FY19 (Revised)". National Association of College and University Business Officers and TIAA. Retrieved April 23, 2020.
- aboutscu/at-a-glance/ "At a Glance - About SCU - Santa Clara University" Check
|url=value (help). Santa Clara University. 2019. Retrieved 2019-12-15.
- . Santa Clara University. 2019 bulletin/ undergraduate/chapter-1/StudentBody.html https://www.scu.edu/ bulletin/ undergraduate/chapter-1/StudentBody.html Check
|url=value (help). Retrieved 2019-12-15. Missing or empty
- [https:// www.scu.edu/web-design/headers/colors/ "Santa Clara University Color Palette"] Check
|url=value (help). Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-01-05. Retrieved 2011-04-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Carnegie. "Santa Clara University". Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
- "Santa Clara University Baseball Players Who Made it to a Major League Baseball Team". www.baseball-almanac.com.
- "Santa Clara Players/Alumni". Pro-Football-Reference.com.
Where can I visit?
American technology company
Mission Santa Clara de Asís
18th-century Spanish mission in Santa Clara, California
Santa Clara, California
City in California
Burbank, Santa Clara County, California
Place in California, United States
San Jose International Airport
Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum
Santa Clara University
private non-profit Jesuit university located in Santa Clara, California
Bellarmine College Preparatory
Private boys secondary school in San Jose, California, United States
Santa Clara University School of Law
San Jose Unified School District
Real-time, up-to-date listings for the best in music, sports, theatre and family events.