Stadium at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
View from southeast in 2009
|Address||451 South 1400 East|
|Location||Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.|
|Operator||University of Utah|
|Record attendance||47,825 (vs. Michigan, 2015)|
|Surface||FieldTurf CoolPlay (2015–)|
Natural grass (2000–2001)
|Broke ground||June 1997|
|Opened||September 12, 1998 (1998-09-12)|
23 years ago
|Construction cost||$50 million|
($78.4 million in 2019)
|Structural engineer||Reaveley Engineers + Associates|
|Services engineer||Van Boerum & Frank Associates, Inc.|
|General contractor||Layton Construction|
|Utah Utes (NCAA) (1998–present)|
Real Salt Lake (MLS) (2005–2008)
Salt Lake Stallions (AAF) (2019)
Rice–Eccles Stadium is an outdoor college football stadium in the western United States, located on the campus of the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the home field of the Utah Utes of the Pac-12 Conference. It served as the main stadium for the 2002 Winter Olympics; the Opening and Closing Ceremonies were held at the stadium, which was temporarily renamed "Rice–Eccles Olympic Stadium".
- "Utah Football Opens 2014 Campaign vs. Idaho State" (Press release). University of Utah Athletics Department. August 25, 2014. Retrieved August 26, 2014.
- "Rice–Eccles Stadium". University of Utah Athletics Department. 2009. Archived from the original on August 17, 2009. Retrieved June 22, 2009.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- "FFKR Architects". FFKR Architects. Retrieved July 15, 2017.
- "Rice–Eccles Stadium". Reaveley Engineers + Architects. Archived from the original on May 13, 2003. Retrieved August 29, 2012.
- "Benjamin L. Davis, P.E.: Notable Projects". Van Boerum & Frank Associates, Inc. Retrieved August 29, 2012.
- "Microsoft Research – Emerging Technology, Computer, and Software Research". Microsoft Research. Retrieved July 15, 2017.
Where can I visit?
University of Utah
Public university in Utah, U.S.
J. Willard Marriott Library
Jon M. Huntsman Center
Arena at the University of Utah
Kanzeon Zen Center
State Arboretum of Utah
United States historic place
Salt Lake 2002 Olympic Cauldron Park
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
Private, coeducational school in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Primary Children's Hospital
Hospital in Utah, United States
Real-time, up-to-date listings for the best in music, sports, theatre and family events.