University High School
|University High School|
Entrance to University High School
4771 Campus Drive
|Type||Comprehensive high school|
|Motto||Unity through Diversity|
|School district||Irvine Unified|
|NCES District ID||0684500|
|NCES School ID||068450007067|
|Student to teacher ratio||26.17|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue, Columbia Blue, and White|
|Athletics conference||Pacific Coast League|
|Rival||Woodbridge High School|
|Newspaper||The Sword and Shield|
University High School (also known as UHS or "Uni") is one of six public high schools serving grades 9-12 in the city of Irvine, California, United States. It was established in 1970 and is situated on 55 acres (22 ha) of land in the southwestern portion of the city, adjacent to the University of California, Irvine (UCI).
The school comprises six main academic buildings, a performing arts theater, a band room for instrumental music, a swimming pool, eight tennis courts, an indoor gymnasium supplemented with other indoor athletic facilities, a stadium, and several practice fields. Housed within the facilities are the departments of English, world languages, math, science, social science, instrumental music, art, industrial technology, athletics, physical education, English proficiency programs, special education, and the Orange County Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program. The school colors are navy blue, Columbia blue, and white. The school mascot is the Trojan.
University High School was named the best public high school in California and 8th best public high school in America in 2011 by Newsweek. University was also the highest ranked institution on the list that was not a charter or magnet school.
- "Search for Public Schools - University High School (068450007067)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved Nov 12, 2012.
- (PDF) https://universityhigh.iusd.org/sites/universityhigh/files/files/Schools/UHS/1GeneralDocuments/2019_profile.pdf. Missing or empty
- Cite error: The named reference
profilewas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "Campus Map". University High School. University High School. 21 May 2013. Archived from the original on 11 March 2014. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "America's Best High Schools 2011". Newsweek. The Newsweek/Daily Beast Company LLC. Archived from the original on October 16, 2011. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
University of California, Irvine
Public research university in Irvine, California, United States
Orange County, California
County in California, United States
San Joaquin Hills, Newport Beach
Hour of Power
John Wayne Airport
Airport in Orange County, California, USA
Pao Fa Temple
Ayn Rand Institute
Non-profit organisation in the USA
Sage Hill School
Private secondary school in Newport Coast, California, United States
Woodbridge High School (Irvine, California)
Public high school in Irvine, California
Explore nearby popular places
Real-time, up-to-date listings for the best in music, sports, theatre and family events.Find Events
Find webcams around this location