Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
Member-owned provider of insurance and other financial services
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Predecessor||Aid Association for Lutherans, Lutheran Brotherhood|
|Type||Not-for-profit membership organization|
|Legal status||Fraternal Benefit Society, Not-for-profit organization (NPO)|
|Approx 2.3 Million (Dec. 31, 2015);|
|Teresa Rasmussen, President & CEO|
Bonnie Raquet, Chair of the Board
Financial representatives: Approx. 2,300
Thrivent (/ˈθraɪvɪnt/ THRYVE-int) is a Fortune 500 not-for-profit financial services organization headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and Appleton, Wisconsin, and founded by Lutherans. As a member-owned fraternal benefit society, it operates under a chapter system, serving nearly 2.3 million members.
Operating through its local chapters nationwide, Thrivent and its subsidiaries offer financial products and services including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, disability income insurance, credit union products, money management, brokerage services, retirement planning and more.
In 2013, the organization and its members provided volunteer services to charitable organizations, schools, congregations and individuals in need, and contributed $182.7 million to organizations and activities that aim to strengthen families and communities. Thrivent members volunteered more than 8.6 million volunteer hours in 2013.
In June 2013, members voted to allow non-Lutheran Christians to join and in March 2014 the marketing name was shortened from "Thrivent Financial for Lutherans" to "Thrivent Financial." By the end of 2014, Thrivent made the step toward expanding their target market beyond Lutheran and include United States' 200 million Christians. In the middle of 2020, the company was rebranded as "Thrivent." 
- "Reporter Tools". Archived from the original on 2013-09-30. Retrieved 2014-06-16.
- "Thrivent Financial for Lutherans". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
- About Thrivent
- "News Release". Thrivent.com. 2014-03-03. Retrieved 2014-06-16.
- "Heritage - Thrivent Financial". Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Thrivent Financial quietly expands beyond Christians". InvestmentNews. 2017-08-23. Retrieved 2020-03-25.
- Lee, Schafer (August 8, 2020). "How Thrivent is gently raising its distinctive profile in a moment of change". Star Tribune. Retrieved August 15, 2020.