Roswell High School
|Roswell High School|
11595 King Road
|Motto||A Tradition of Excellence|
|School district||Fulton County School System|
|NCES School ID||130228002119|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.24|
|Campus||Suburban, 54 acres (0.2185 km2)|
|Rival||Milton High School|
|Accreditation||Southern Association of Colleges and Schools|
Roswell High School (RHS) is a public high school in Roswell, Georgia, United States which opened in 1949. It serves the entire city of Roswell west of Georgia 400 and the city of Mountain Park, as well as small portions of Alpharetta and Milton. With a population of over of 2,221 students in the 2018–19 school year, RHS is one of the largest schools in the Fulton County School System. Roswell High School neighbors both Fellowship Christian School and Blessed Trinity Catholic High School. It is also the second oldest of Fulton County's schools in the northern portion of the county, opening between Milton High School (1921), and Chattahoochee High School (1991). Roswell is currently on its third campus, which opened in 1990. The current building is the oldest in-use high school building in north Fulton.
The school offers many extracurricular activities, including 72 clubs, 11 academic teams, and various services clubs. Some other activities meet as elective classes such as musical groups, drama, and art. These classes are supplemented by after-school rehearsals, meetings, and outside concerts. Students may also compete in the school's 42 varsity, junior varsity, and freshman athletic programs.
Roswell is a member of the Georgia High School Association (GHSA) and Region 4-AAAAAAA for athletic competition, as of the 2016–2017 academic year. The school's mascot is the Hornet, and the school colors are green, white and black. Roswell offers 16 different sports, comprising 23 varsity level teams. Eight of the Roswell Hornet teams have won state championships, totaling 20 overall. The most championships won by a single team is seven, accomplished by the girls' gymnastics program.
- "Roswell High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved May 18, 2020.
- "Search for Public Schools - Roswell High School (130228002119)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved August 21, 2019.
- "Turf Wars: Milton vs. Roswell: A 65-year-old high school rivalry. Aged to perfection". Atlanta Magazine. Emmis Publishing. November 12, 2014. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- "ROSWELL HIGH SCHOOL Quick Facts 2012–2013". Fulton County School System. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- "All N.F. high schools land on SAT's top 25". Johns Creek Herald. Appen Newspapers Inc. September 7, 2006. Archived from the original on October 3, 2008. Retrieved April 28, 2007.
- "FCSS Schools — ROSWELL HIGH SCHOOL". Fulton County School System. Archived from the original on October 8, 2007. Retrieved June 4, 2008.
- "History of Milton High School". Milton High School, Fulton County School System. Retrieved April 23, 2014.
- "Chattahoochee High School, Fulton County School System". Fulton County School System. Archived from the original on September 22, 2007. Retrieved October 3, 2008.
- Waylock, Candy (March 15, 2007). "Roswell High breaks ground on new addition". Alpharetta and Roswell Revue & News. Appen Newspapers Inc. Archived from the original on October 3, 2008. Retrieved April 28, 2007.
- "2016–2017 Region Alignments". Georgia High School Association. Archived from the original on July 30, 2016. Retrieved August 7, 2016.
- "Roswell High School Athletics". Roswell High School. Archived from the original on April 29, 2008. Retrieved June 4, 2008.
- "GHSA Sanctioned Athletic Events". GHSA. Retrieved June 4, 2008.
- "GHSA State Champs Index". GHSA. Retrieved June 29, 2007.
- "List of State Gymnastics Champions". Georgia High School Association. Retrieved February 25, 2007.
Where can I visit?
City in Georgia, United States
City in Georgia, United States
Religious TV station in Atlanta
Blessed Trinity Catholic High School
Private secondary school in Roswell, Georgia, United States
Alan C. Pope High School
Public high school in Marietta, Georgia, United States
Roswell High School (Georgia)
Public school in Roswell, Georgia, United States
United States historic place
Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area
Area code 770
Real-time, up-to-date listings for the best in music, sports, theatre and family events.