Little Miami River
Tributary of the Ohio River in Ohio
|Little Miami National Scenic River|
S of Plattsburgh
Clark County, Ohio
|• elevation||1,151 ft (351 m)|
with the Ohio River
at California, Cincinnati
Hamilton County, Ohio
|446 ft (136 m)|
|Length||111 mi (179 km)|
|Basin size||1,757 sq mi (4,550 km2)|
|• average||1,280 cu ft/s (36 m3/s)|
|Designated||August 20, 1973|
The Little Miami River (Shawnee: Cakimiyamithiipi) is a Class I tributary of the Ohio River that flows 111 miles (179 km) through five counties in southwestern Ohio in the United States. The Little Miami joins the Ohio River east of Cincinnati. It forms parts of the borders between Hamilton and Clermont counties and between Hamilton and Warren counties. The Little Miami River is one of 156 American rivers designated by the U.S. Congress or the Secretary of the Interior as a National Wild and Scenic River and lends its name to the adjacent Little Miami Scenic Trail.
- 5027606&quad=South%20Vienna&state=OH&grid= 7.5X7.5 South Vienna Quadrangle Check
|url=value (help) (ZIP/PDF) (Map) (1991 ed.). 1:24,000. 7.5 minute series (topographic). Cartography by Division of Geological Survey, Ohio Department of Natural Resources. United States Geological Survey. 1961. Retrieved 2008-11-24.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Little Miami River
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map Archived 2012-03-29 at the Wayback Machine, accessed May 26, 2011
- "Little Miami River Watershed". Little Miami River Partnership. 2008-06-29. Archived from the original on 2012-09-24. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- Weber, Cornelius I.; Donald R. Moore (1967). "Phytoplankton, seston, and dissolved organic carbon in the Little Miami River at Cincinnati, Ohio" (PDF). Limnology and Oceanography. American Society of Limnology and Oceanography. 12 (2): 311–318. Bibcode:1967LimOc..12..311W. doi:10.4319/lo.1967.12.2.0311. ISSN 0024-3590. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- "Shawnees Webpage". Shawnee's Reservation. 1997. Archived from the original on 2013-05-02. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
Where can I visit?
Little Miami River
river in the United States of America
Mount Washington, Cincinnati
Summit Country Day School
Private, college preparatory school in Cincinnati, , Ohio, United States
Cincinnati Municipal Lunken Airport
Mount Lookout, Cincinnati
Hyde Park, Cincinnati
Neighborhood of Cincinnati in Ohio, United States
St. Rose Church (Cincinnati, Ohio)
United States historic place
Real-time, up-to-date listings for the best in music, sports, theatre and family events.