University of Montana
Public research university located in Missoula, Montana
|Motto||Lux et Veritas|
Motto in English
|Light and Truth|
|Type||Public research university|
|Montana University System|
|Endowment||$205.0 million (2019)|
|559 full-time, 232 part-time|
|Students||10,962 (fall 2018)|
|Undergraduates||6,909 total (fall 2018)|
220 acres (89 ha)
|Colors||Maroon and Silver|
|Athletics||NCAA Division I –|
Big Sky Conference
|Nickname||Grizzlies and Lady Griz|
The University of Montana (UM) is a public research university in Missoula, Montana. UM is a flagship institution of the Montana University System and its second largest campus. UM reported 10,962 undergraduate and graduate students in the fall of 2018. It is classified among "R2: Doctoral Universities – High research activity".
The University of Montana ranks 17th in the nation and fifth among public universities in producing Rhodes Scholars; it has 11 Truman Scholars, 14 Goldwater Scholars, and 40 Udall Scholars to its name.
- As of June 30, 2019. "U.S. and Canadian 2019 NTSE Participating Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2019 Endowment Market Value, and Percentage Change in Market Value from FY18 to FY19 (Revised)". National Association of College and University Business Officers and TIAA. Retrieved April 24, 2020.
- "Official Graphic Standards Manual for The University of Montana". Retrieved April 19, 2014.
- "Montana University System Profile" (PDF). Montana University System. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- "Carnegie Classifications Institution Lookup". carnegieclassifications.iu.edu. Center for Postsecondary Education. Retrieved September 13, 2020.
- "University of Montana Overview". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved January 9, 2020.
- Drake, Laure (April 10), UM Student Wins Prestigious Award, UM News, retrieved April 30, 2014
- "UM External Scholarship Recipients 1904–present". Archived from the original on June 8, 2010. Retrieved March 28, 2010.
Where can I visit?
City in Montana, United States
University of Montana
Public university in Montana, U.S.
University of Montana Herbarium
Ogren Park at Allegiance Field
Loyola Sacred Heart High School
Private, coeducational school in Missoula, , Montana, United States
Hellgate High School
Secondary school in Missoula, Montana, United States
Mrs. Lydia McCaffery's Furnished Rooms
United States historic place
University of Montana School of Journalism
American college football location
Real-time, up-to-date listings for the best in music, sports, theatre and family events.