Census-designated place in Fresno County, California
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• State Senator||Melissa Hurtado (D)|
|• State Assembly||Joaquin Arambula (D)|
|• U. S. Congress||Jim Costa (D)|
|• Total||0.624 sq mi (1.617 km2)|
|• Land||0.624 sq mi (1.617 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||292 ft (89 m)|
|• Density||3,300/sq mi (1,300/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (PST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
|GNIS feature IDs||1655859, 2582958|
Calwa (formerly, Calwa City) is an unincorporated census-designated place in Fresno County, California, United States. The population was 2,052 at the 2010 census, up from 762 in 2000. Calwa is located 4 miles (6.4 km) south-southeast of downtown Fresno, at an elevation of 292 feet (89 m). The name was taken from the acronym for "California Wine Association" (CalWA).
- "Calwa". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Senators". State of California. Retrieved April 6, 2013.
- "Members Assembly". State of California. Retrieved April 6, 2013.
- "California's 16th Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved April 6, 2013.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files – Places – California". United States Census Bureau.
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 1011. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- Basu, Moni (1 June 2018). "Blue state, red valley: In this part of California, a new generation is more woke than ever". CNN. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
Where can I visit?
City in California, United States
census-designated place in California, United States
Fresno Pacific University
Baseball stadium in Fresno, California; home of the Fresno Grizzlies
Roman Catholic Diocese of Fresno
Fresno Pacific University Biblical Seminary
United States historic place
Fresno Adult School
The Big Fresno Fair
Real-time, up-to-date listings for the best in music, sports, theatre and family events.