Wood Lane tube station
London Underground station of the Circle and Hammersmith & City line
|Local authority||Hammersmith and Fulham|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|OSI||White City |
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|Original company||Transport for London|
|13 June 1864||Line opened|
|12 October 2008||Station opened|
|13 December 2009||Circle line services started|
|London transport portal|
Wood Lane is a London Underground station in the White City area of west London, United Kingdom. It is on the Circle and Hammersmith & City lines, between Latimer Road and Shepherd's Bush Market stations, in Travelcard Zone 2.
Although it is on a line which has been in operation since 1864, the station is new, having opened on 12 October 2008 - the first station to be built on an existing Tube line for over 70 years. It is near the site of a station of the same name that closed on 24 October 1959.
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. May 2020. Archived (PDF) from the original on 7 August 2020.
- "Out of Station Interchanges" (XLS). Transport for London. 19 February 2019.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures (2007-2017)" (XLSX). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. January 2018. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "Station Usage Data" (CSV). Usage Statistics for London Stations, 2018. Transport for London. 21 August 2019. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- "New Wood Lane Underground station opens". Transport for London. October 2008. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
White City, London
District in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, England
Lime Grove Studios
1908 Summer Olympics
Games of the IV Olympiad, celebrated in London (United Kingdom) in 1908
main road in London
Television Centre, London
Television studio complex in West London, England
White City Place
Office complex and former Olympic Stadium site in White City, London
street in London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, United Kingdom
Latimer Road tube station
London Underground station
Fencing at the 1908 Summer Olympics
White City Stadium
Former stadium at White City, London, UK
Explore nearby popular places
Real-time, up-to-date listings for the best in music, sports, theatre and family events.Find Events
Find webcams around this location