San Jose International Airport
Airport in California, United States
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
|Owner/Operator||City of San Jose|
|Serves||Santa Clara County and Silicon Valley|
|Location||San Jose, California, U.S.|
|Focus city for||Alaska Airlines|
|Elevation AMSL||62 ft / 19 m|
FAA airport diagram
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (IATA: SJC, ICAO: KSJC, FAA LID: SJC), also known as San Jose International Airport, is a city-owned public airport in San Jose, California, United States. It is named after San Jose native Norman Mineta, former Transportation Secretary in the Cabinet of George W. Bush and Commerce Secretary in the Cabinet of Bill Clinton. The name also recognizes Mineta's service as a councilman for, and mayor of, San Jose.
While San Jose is the largest city in the San Francisco Bay Area, SJC is the San Francisco Bay Area's second-busiest airport by passenger boardings, behind San Francisco International Airport. In addition, the airport is also an official U.S. Customs and Border Protection international port of entry. It is situated three miles northwest of Downtown San Jose near the intersections of U.S. Route 101, Interstate 880, and State Route 87. In 2018, 45.4% of departing or arriving passengers at SJC flew on Southwest Airlines; Alaska Airlines was the second most popular airline with about 17.6% of passengers.
- "Network – Alaska Airlines". Newsroom – Alaska Airlines. Alaska Airlines. August 2018. Archived from the original on November 4, 2018. Retrieved November 3, 2018.
Though Alaska calls Seattle home, the company has hubs in Anchorage, Alaska, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Portland, Oregon. Other focus cities include San Diego and San Jose, California.
- "Airport Activity". Mineta San Jose International Airport. January 2019. Archived from the original on March 28, 2019. Retrieved March 27, 2019.
- PDF, effective 2019-06-20
- FAA Passenger Boarding Data Archived September 12, 2009, at the Wayback Machine for 2006, as published November 26, 2007.
- "Mineta San Jose Airport surpasses Oakland for number of travelers". KGO-TV (ABC7 News). Archived from the original on August 25, 2019. Retrieved June 14, 2019.
- "Port of Entry – San Jose International Airport". Cbp.gov. September 28, 2005. Archived from the original on October 30, 2012. Retrieved April 29, 2013.
- "San Jose International Airport". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved May 3, 2009.
- "Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport Comprehensive Annual Financial Report Fiscal Years Ended June 30, 2018 and 2017" (PDF). Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport. June 30, 2018. Retrieved November 11, 2019.
Where can I visit?
American technology company
Mission Santa Clara de Asís
18th-century Spanish mission in Santa Clara, California
San Jose International Airport
Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum
Santa Clara University
private non-profit Jesuit university located in Santa Clara, California
Bellarmine College Preparatory
Private boys secondary school in San Jose, California, United States
Japantown, San Jose
Neighborhood of San Jose in Santa Clara, California, United States
Santa Clara University School of Law
San Jose Unified School District
Stephen Schott Stadium
Real-time, up-to-date listings for the best in music, sports, theatre and family events.