American multinational computer software company
|Adobe Systems Incorporated (1982–2018)|
|Founded||December 1982 (1982-12)|
Mountain View, California, U.S.
|Headquarters||Adobe World Headquarters, |
|Products||List of Adobe products|
|Revenue||US$11.17 billion (2019)|
|US$3.27 billion (2019)|
|US$2.95 billion (2019)|
|Total assets||US$20.76 billion (2019)|
|Total equity||US$10.53 billion (2019)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Adobe Inc. (/əˈdoʊbiː/ ə-DOH-bee) is an American multinational computer software company. Incorporated in Delaware and headquartered in San Jose, California, it has historically focused upon the creation of multimedia and creativity software products, with a more recent foray towards digital marketing software. Adobe is best known for its Adobe Flash web software ecosystem, Photoshop image editing software, Adobe Illustrator vector graphics editor, Acrobat Reader, the Portable Document Format (PDF), and Adobe Creative Suite, as well as its successor Adobe Creative Cloud.
Adobe was founded in December 1982 by John Warnock and Charles Geschke, who established the company after leaving Xerox PARC to develop and sell the PostScript page description language. In 1985, Apple Computer licensed PostScript for use in its LaserWriter printers, which helped spark the desktop publishing revolution.
As of 2019[update], Adobe has more than 21,000 employees worldwide, about 40% of whom work in San Jose. Adobe also has major development operations in the United States in Newton, New York City, Minneapolis, Lehi, Seattle, and San Francisco. It also has major development operations in Noida and Bangalore in India.
- "Adobe Inc. 2019 Annual Report Form (10-K)". sec.gov. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. January 21, 2020. Retrieved February 23, 2020.
- "Adobe Systems". Fortune. Retrieved December 20, 2018.
- "EDGAR Search Results". www.sec.gov. Retrieved May 13, 2020.
- Weber, Harrison (May 26, 2013). "Adobe Abandons Its Creative Suite to Focus on Creative Cloud". The Next Web. Retrieved July 8, 2014.
- "Adobe Fast Facts". April 16, 2019. Archived (PDF) from the original on March 26, 2009. Retrieved April 16, 2019.
- Edwards, Benj (April 27, 2010). "Four reasons the LaserWriter mattered". MacWorld. Retrieved September 24, 2015.
- "ChartEXE: Market Data Aggregation Service".
- Donnelly, Julie (September 17, 2013). "Adobe dumps gleaming Waltham digs at a $20M loss". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved May 17, 2017.
- Khosla, Varuni (July 5, 2017). "India's best companies to work for 2017: Here's why interns love Adobe Systems". The Economic Times. Retrieved December 20, 2018.