City in Cobb County, Georgia, United States
Smyrna City Hall
"The jonquil city with beautiful parks, thriving businesses, great locations, and bright plans for the future"
|• Mayor||Derek Norton|
|• Total||15.59 sq mi (40.38 km2)|
|• Land||15.55 sq mi (40.28 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.10 km2)|
|Elevation||1,060 ft (323 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||3,643.88/sq mi (1,406.87/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
30080, 30081, 30082, 30126
|GNIS feature ID||0356541|
Smyrna is a city in Cobb County, Georgia, United States. It is located northwest of Atlanta, and is in the inner ring of the Atlanta Metropolitan Area. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 51,271. The U.S. Census Bureau estimated the population in 2019 to be 56,666. It is included in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs–Roswell MSA, which is included in the Atlanta–Athens–Clarke–Sandy Springs CSA. Smyrna grew by 28% between the years 2000 and 2012. It is historically one of the fastest growing cities in the State of Georgia, and one of the most densely populated cities in the metro area.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved July 9, 2020.
- Cite error: The named reference
USCensusEst2019CenPopScriptOnlyDirtyFixDoNotUsewas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "Smyrna Zipcodes". Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Smyrna city, Georgia". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- "City and Town Population Totals: 2010-2019". Retrieved May 22, 2020.
- "City of Smyrna : Community Development". City of Smyrna. Archived from the original on September 24, 2015.
City in Georgia, United States
CDP in Georgia, United States
Anime Weekend Atlanta
Annual anime convention in Georgia, United States
North Atlanta High School
Public secondary school in Atlanta, Georgia, United States
School in Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Georgia Governor's Mansion
heritage site in Atlanta, Georgia, USA
private university in Marietta, Georgia
Holy Spirit Preparatory School
Private school in Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Explore nearby popular places
Real-time, up-to-date listings for the best in music, sports, theatre and family events.Find Events
Find webcams around this location
Search news for "Smyrna"
Access over 2 million articles from the Guardian and Observer newspapers