Thursday, 04 November @ 19:30
Ohio State Roy Bowen Theatre, Drake Center, Columbus
Please Note Masks are required inside all campus buildings according to University policy. Patrons will be required to wear their masks into the performance and for the duration of the show. Please note that no late seating is allowed. Patrons who arrive after the start of the show will be seating during intermission if the show runs in two acts. If there is no intermission, patrons may exchange their tickets for another performance for a $3.00 fee per ticket.
Romantic and artistic conflicts unfold beside a lake on a country estate where Konstantin yearns for Nina's love and for recognition as a playwright. Nina dismisses his infatuation, seeking instead Trigorin's affection. Irina, Konstantin's mother, would rather keep him out of sight to maintain the fading illusion of youth. Her lover Trigorin dallies with Nina, but she is little more than inspiration for his writing. Family and friends struggle to live with their unfulfilled ambitions when their passions fail to soar. Artistic Director of the Michigan Shakespeare Festival Janice L. Blixt sets her adaptation of Chekhov's dark comedy about desire, ambition, creativity, and family in upstate New York.
Ohio State Department of Theatre
Ohio State Roy Bowen Theatre, Drake Center Upcoming events
- 1849 Cannon Drive, Columbus, 43210, US
- Phone Number
- Open Hours
- Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 4:00pm (Day of show): 10:00am - 90 min. before curtain time Saturday: Closed (Day of show): 10:00am - 90 min. before curtain time (Not open during summer or semester breaks) Sunday: Closed
- Box Office accepts cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express & Buck ID
- Will Call
- Will call tickets are available for pickup beginning 48 hours after order is placed at the Box Office. Customer must presents actual credit card, confirmation number & photo ID.
- Car Parking
- Limited parking is available between Linocln and Morrill Towers, directly across from Drake. Ample parking is available at Ohio Staidum, just north of Drake. In both lots, parking is $1.50 per hour or the flat rate of $6.00. Park in any row marked A, B, or C. Please use the blue Pay-n-Display machines to pay for your permit. These machines accept credit cards or coins but not dollar bills. Please avoid the parking meters; they are meant for short term parking and must be fed at all times. If you have questions regarding parking accommodations, please contact the OSU Box Office at (614) 292-2295 or visit the Traffic and Parking: http://tp.osu.edu.