The Sound Of Music
$39.00 - $110.00
Saturday, 14 May @ 20:00
Harrison Opera House, Norfolk
Please Note No babies in arms. Everyone must have a ticket.
It's everyone's "favorite thing!" Winner of five Tony Awards including Best Musical and five Academy Awards including Best Picture, the beloved Broadway and film classic leaps to life in a new fully staged production co-presented by Virginia Arts Festival, Virginia Opera and Virginia Symphony Orchestra. A favorite of generations, The Sound of Music tells the story of Maria, the young Austrian nun-in-training who becomes nanny to a family of seven children, and their daring escape from Nazi invasion; the unforgettable Rodgers and Hammerstein score is filled with irresistible songs like "My Favorite Things," "Climb Ev'ry Mountain," "The Sound of Music," Do-Re-Mi," "Edelweiss," "Sixteen Going On Seventeen," and more. Now in a spectacular new production conducted by renowned Broadway music director Rob Fisher and directed by one of opera and musical theatre's most notable new stars, Mary Birnbaum, The Sound of Music is once again set to steal your heart.
Ticket Limit There is an overall 8 ticket limit for this event.
Virginia Arts Festival
Harrison Opera House 8 Upcoming events
- 160 E Virginia Beach Blvd., Norfolk, 23510, US
- Phone Number
- Open Hours
- The Box Office for the Harrison Opera house is located at Norfolk Scope for Ticketmaster events prior to day of show. Harrison Opera House Box Office on day of show is open only 1 hour prior to event.
- Cash, Visa, MasterCard, travelers checks, personal checks (10 days prior to event)
- Will Call
- Will Call is located at front entrance of Harrison Opera House and is open on day of event one hour prior to show. Customer must present actual credit card used to place order and a photo i.d.
- Car Parking
- Limited parking surrounding venue run by the City of Norfolk. $4 parking fee.