Saturday, 29 May @ 20:00
Jo Long Theatre, San Antonio
Nine is a commemorative multi-media performance piece celebrating the heraldic bravery and pioneering of nine African American teenagers who were affectionately called the Little Rock Nine. The nine youth integrated the public schools in Little Rock, Arkansas in September of 1957 amidst pressure from the governor of Arkansas to deny their access, and several dissenting community members that daily hurled racist epithets and death threats at the youth for breaking the color line. Nine sets modern dance vocabulary, visual art sets and costumes, and moving music in dialogue with one another, reminding our nation of its collective history while causing us to reflect upon the repercussions of those damages upon our current education system.
Jo Long Theatre 10 Upcoming events
- 226 N Hackberry, San Antonio, 78202, US
- Phone Number
- Open Hours
- - Monday thru Friday 7:45AM - 4:30PM - 2 Hours before performance on weekdays - 4 hours before performance on weekends
- American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Cash or Check
- Will Call
- Available for pick up 90 minutes prior to the show on the day of the show.
- Car Parking
- Parking is available in the Carver Administration, Carver Academy and St. Paul parking lots. Additional parking is available along Center Street and Gibbs Street by the Freidrich building. Parking is free.