11 Reflections on September
Saturday, 01 May @ 20:00
Jo Long Theatre, San Antonio
Please Note The event organizer has had to postpone your event. The rescheduled date will be announced soon. Please hold onto your tickets as they will be valid for the new date. Sign in to your account to locate your tickets. If your event is eligible for a refund or credit, you can make a request from the available options.
Eleven Reflections on September is a Spoken Word and multimedia performance on the Arab American experience, wars on/of terror in a post-9/11 world. The poems, accompanied by an all-women Middle Eastern music ensemble, progress from lyrical to abstract and broken, as they span the fall of the Twin Towers, the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria, the rise of the Arab Spring, the refugee crisis, and more. This performance features Syrian Opera singer Lubana Al Quntar, with original video art by Pramila Vasudevan. Andrea Assaf is a performer, writer, director and cultural organizer. In addition to being the founding Artistic Director of Art2Action, Inc., Assaf is also a Master Artist for YoungArts, an Artist-in-Residence and guest faculty at the University of South Florida. A Turkish-born violinist, Eylem Basaldi was on the classical track at the New England Conservatory when she rediscovered her passion for Turkish folk music, and a wide array of musical traditions.
Jo Long Theatre 10 Upcoming events
- 226 N Hackberry, San Antonio, 78202, US
- Phone Number
- Open Hours
- - Monday thru Friday 7:45AM - 4:30PM - 2 Hours before performance on weekdays - 4 hours before performance on weekends
- American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Cash or Check
- Will Call
- Available for pick up 90 minutes prior to the show on the day of the show.
- Car Parking
- Parking is available in the Carver Administration, Carver Academy and St. Paul parking lots. Additional parking is available along Center Street and Gibbs Street by the Freidrich building. Parking is free.