Private Lutheran university in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
|Motto||Verbum Dei manet in aeternum|
Motto in English
|The Word of God endures forever|
|Evangelical Lutheran Church in America|
|Endowment||USD $67 million (2016)|
|President||Stephanie Herseth Sandlin|
100 acres (40 ha)
|Colors||Navy blue and gold|
|NCAA Division II – NSIC|
|Mascot||Ole the Viking|
Augustana University is a private Lutheran university in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The university identifies 1860 as the year of its founding, the same as its Rock Island, Illinois Swedish-heritage sister school, Augustana College. It derives its name from the Confessio Augustana, or Augsburg Confession, a foundational document of Lutheranism. Prior to September 2015, the university was known as Augustana College.
It is the largest private university in the state and offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in more than 50 major fields of study. Students also participate in a variety of extracurricular activities, including musical ensembles and NCAA athletic programs.
- Cite error: The named reference
historywas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "Augustana University". US News and World Report. Retrieved Jan 29, 2017.
- "Welcome to Augustana". www.augie.edu. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "Quick Facts". Augustana University. Retrieved August 22, 2015.
- "Quick Facts". Augustana University. Retrieved September 28, 2017.
- "Doing Business in South Dakota (Public Universities)". Governor's Office of Economic Development. Archived from the original on September 8, 2008. Retrieved November 26, 2007.
Where can I visit?
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
City in South Dakota, United States
USS South Dakota (BB-57)
Private Lutheran university in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Sioux Falls Arena
Sioux Falls Stadium
Independent TV station in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Radio station in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Roman Catholic Diocese of Sioux Falls
University of Sioux Falls
Real-time, up-to-date listings for the best in music, sports, theatre and family events.