Globe Life Park in Arlington
Stadium in Arlington, Texas, USA
Globe Life Park in Arlington in 2020
|Former names||The Ballpark in Arlington (1994–2004)|
Ameriquest Field in Arlington (2005–2006)
Rangers Ballpark in Arlington (2007–2013)
|Address||1000 Ballpark Way|
|Public transit||Collins Street at Andrews Street|
|Owner||City of Arlington|
|Operator||Rangers Baseball Express|
|Surface||Latitude36 Bermuda Grass|
|Broke ground||April 2, 1992|
|Opened||April 1, 1994|
|Construction cost||$191 million|
($329 million in 2019 dollars)
|Architect||David M. Schwarz Architectural Services, Inc.|
HKS, Inc. (architect of record)
|Structural engineer||Walter P Moore/Datum|
|Services engineer||M–E Engineers, Inc./Dunn Consulting|
|General contractor||Manhattan Construction Company|
|Texas Rangers (MLB) (1994–2019)|
Dallas Renegades (XFL) (2020)
North Texas SC (USL1) (2020–present)
Dallas Jackals (MLR) (2021–)
Globe Life Park in Arlington is a multi-purpose stadium in Arlington, Texas, located between Dallas and Fort Worth. Originally built as a baseball park, it was home to the Texas Rangers of Major League Baseball and the Texas Rangers Baseball Hall of Fame from 1994 until 2019 when the team vacated the stadium for Globe Life Field. It was constructed as a replacement for nearby Arlington Stadium and opened in April 1994 as The Ballpark in Arlington.
In 2020, it was retrofitted for use as a football and soccer facility. The stadium was the home of the Dallas Renegades of the XFL. Currently the only active tenant is North Texas SC of USL League One, who are FC Dallas's reserve team. The Dallas Jackals of Major League Rugby plan to begin play at the stadium in 2021.
- Sullivan, T. R. (October 30, 2012). "Rangers Resume Fan-Focused Park Renovations". Major League Baseball Advanced Media. Archived from the original on May 10, 2013. Retrieved March 7, 2013.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- "Athletic & Recreational Facilities" (PDF). Datum Engineers. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 4, 2016. Retrieved November 10, 2019.
- "Walker Engineering – Sports & Entertainment". Archived from the original on September 19, 2012. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- "North Texas Soccer Club to Play at Globe Life Park in 2020". FCDallas.com.
City in Texas, United States
Grand Prairie, Texas
City in Texas
Globe Life Park in Arlington
Stadium in Arlington, TX, US
former baseball stadium in Arlington, TX
Six Flags Over Texas
Theme park in Arlington, Texas
University of Texas at Arlington
public research university located in Arlington, Texas, USA
Lamar High School (Arlington, Texas)
Public school in Arlington, Texas, United States
building in Arlington, Texas, United States
Explore nearby popular places
Real-time, up-to-date listings for the best in music, sports, theatre and family events.Find Events
Find webcams around this location