New Jersey Symphony: Xian Zhang Conducts Brahms
$25.00 - $90.00
Thursday, 20 October @ 13:30
New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Newark
Please Note NJPAC COVID-19 Disclaimer: By purchasing a ticket for an event at NJPAC, you and any of your guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, whether known or unknown, and hereby release and waive any claims against NJPAC and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, holding companies, divisions, licensees, sureties, insurers, advertising and promotional agencies, any other related entities, and their respective directors, officers, managers, members, employees, representatives and agents, and all of their respective successors and assigns from any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, proceedings, costs, expenses, damages, and liabilities, including without limitation reasonable attorney's fees and costs, arising out of, in connection with, resulting from, or related to your access to NJPAC's premises and any claim related in whole or in part to illness, death, disability, personal injury, property damage or any other claim for damages or other relief.
Award-winning composer Dorothy Chang wrote her inspirational and bright Northern Star as part of a larger collection of commissions from several Canadian composers in 2017. New Jersey Symphony Music Director Xian Zhang performed it for the first time in Vancouver in 2018. Strauss Burleske for Piano and Orchestra Michelle Cann makes a triumphant return to the Symphony stage for the first time since 2014 with Strauss' light, virtuosic and witty Burleske for Piano and Orchestra. Brahms Symphony No. 4 Brahms' final symphony balances autumnal hues with virtuosic power. Scaling the heights of this monumental work is an orchestral and emotional feat of Mount Everest proportions - and one musicians relish playing. The Geraldine R. Dodge Poetry Festival will share dynamic contemporary poets offering dramatic readings between the orchestral works during the performances at NJPAC. Xian Zhang conductor Michelle Cann piano New Jersey Symphony Dorothy Chang Northern Star
Ticket Limit There is an overall 8 ticket limit for this event.
New Jersey Symphony
New Jersey Performing Arts Center 122 Upcoming events
- 1 Center Street, Newark, 07102, US
- Phone Number
- Open Hours
- Box Office is open 12pm to 6pm Tuesday through Friday, 12pm to 4pm Saturday, and closed Sunday and Monday. Box Office remains open after posted closing times on performance evenings until the end of the first intermission or thirty minutes after the start of performances when there are no intermissions. Box Office opens three hours before curtain time on Monday & Sunday when performances are scheduled on those days of the week, and closes at end of first intermission or thirty minutes after the start of performances when there are no intermissions.
- Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
- Will Call
- Will call is located at the box office. Will call is open whenever the box office is open. (When VIP package tickets are offered, these may available at will call only on the day of the performance.)
- Car Parking
- Parking is available in two secure surface lots and the Military Park garage, all located across the street from or adjacent to NJPAC. The cost varies by performance, from $15 to $28 day of the performance. Discounted parking -- $1 off day of the performance rate -- may be purchased up to the day before the performance when ordering tickets or by visiting the parking page at njpac.org/parking